Peace-of-mind accounting is in sight
Tax planning, strategies and accounting for construction trades and developers.
No bull. Just worry-free savings.
“If you are a sole proprietor or a very small business, your accountant is most likely plugging your numbers into a tax software and cranking out a return. They’re not sitting there trying to figure out what’s best for your business. I want to change that. I got into accounting to save people money.” - Matt McCarthy CPA
Accounting & Bookkeeping
We take care of your numbers so you don’t have to.
Matt's work in construction has taught him what matters to small business owners and he knows how busy they are. Matt works closely with his clients to take care of their company finances, manage their ongoing taxes and advise them on cost savings and growth strategies.
Accounting and bookkeeping services include:
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and general ledger
- Financial statement prep and review
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Billing and bill payments
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Payroll and sales taxes
- Tax planning and consulting
- General business and financial consulting
- Uses QuickBooks®, Sage, Xero, and more...
Tax Planning & Strategy
We manage your taxes to save you money.
Matt's experience in construction and real estate gives him a unique perspective to find deductions and save clients money. Matt examines business financials and previous tax returns to find immediate tax savings, as well as ways to reduce tax payments in the future.
Tax planning and strategy services include:
- Sales tax and payroll tax preparation
- Income tax planning and preparation
- State and Federal tax return prep
- Ownership and organizational tax planning
- Tax and financial consulting
- Tax review
- Tax resolutions
- Corporations, LLCs and sole proprietors
- Non-profit and tax-exempt organizations
Matt McCarthy is a local, reliable accountant who learned from the best at Ernst & Young, BlumShapiro and Marcum LLP. A former land surveyor, Matt’s real-world experience in the construction industry has provided him with practical and relevant strategies to implement tax-savings. He will often save his clients tens of thousands of dollars per year.
Matt works with all types of small businesses including real estate developers, general contractors, electricians, plumbers, painters, installers and many more.
Matt has strong ties to the Bridgeport community and serves on the board at Housatonic Community College. He’s also involved in the Black Rock Community Council, a neighborhood organization which improves the lives of its residents and businesses.